Monday, September 8, 2008

The velcro story

I grew up in an apartment above the velcro factory. Did you know that the inventor of velcro was Swiss? His name was George deMestral. My mom worked for him (he even had lunch with us almost everyday!) and had full access to the factory so after hours it became our playground. But that's another story...let's go back to why my mom would be proud of me for hanging my curtains with velcro!
Everything in our apartment was held with velcro. My mom childproofed all the drawers and cabinet doors with it, our jackets had velcro after the zipper had broken, the picture frames were held on the wall with.....yes, velcro and of course the curtains! We also had a big, no huge, panel on the wall covered with felt and dozens of Disney wooden figures that my aunt had sawn and painted. All the characters had a piece of velcro in the back. We played with it for hours making stories and undoing them! Good times...Thanks mom!
Sylviane

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP